There’s so many apps available to download onto our smartphones at the moment, with Statista forecasting that, during just 2017, 197 billion mobile app downloads were recorded. As the world’s population stands at close to 7.7 billion people currently, this calculates in at near to 25 apps downloaded per person on Earth each year.
Of course, the storage limits on our smartphones mean that we can’t download every app available. That’s why Audi dealership Vindis is on hand to advise that motorists download these three useful and life-changing apps onto their devices and get to grips with them moving into 2019 and beyond…
Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will make driving more entertaining
You may notice that these two smart driving companions have similar setups and functionality. However, the choice of which one you download will depend on the type of smartphone you have.
Is there an Android operating system on your smartphone? Then you’ll be wise to enhance your gadget with Android Auto. This smart driving companion essentially means that while you’re behind the wheel, you only need to mutter ‘OK Google’ in order to…
- Set up real-time GPS navigation and be informed about traffic alerts.
- Check your calendar for any occasions that you have scheduled.
- Set reminders.
- Get up-to-date news.
- Setting up a do not disturb message on your phone.
- Make or answer phone calls handsfree.
- Access so many of your media apps, such as those containing your favourite music playlists, audiobooks and podcasts.
iOS on your smartphone instead? Then Apple CarPlay is the alternative option. Featuring Siri voice control, here’s just a few things you can do once you open the app:
- Search for attractions while driving by simply asking for directions by the following means: “Siri, where’s the closest petrol station?”.
- Have the app predict where you need to be by analysing addresses on your recent emails, text messages, contacts and calendars.
- Make calls and listen to voicemail handsfree.
- Have Siri read and reply to text messages, as well as send messages in new conversations too.
- Gain access to content via your iTunes, Apple Music or other audio apps accounts, as well as even request for Siri to become your personal DJ for the duration of a road trip.
You’ll effectively be able to remain connected without having to take your focus away from the road at any point!
Download the app here:
HERE WeGo will make navigating routes easier
It’s a nightmare situation that’s happened to all motorists. Just as we drive into a busy city centre and have no idea about the road layout, our smartphones lose their internet connections and, as a result, the sat nav on the devices stop working. However, the HERE WeGo app should mean that you never need to go through it again.
You’ll be able to download offline maps covering the UK and various other countries directly onto your smartphone by getting to grips with this app. Other nations covered include France, Spain, Italy, the US. This means that you can be navigated to your destination even when you haven’t got an internet connection.
Even when your car is left at home when you head outdoors, the HERE WeGo app can still prove very useful. This is because it’ll inform you of carsharing opportunities nearby whenever you need it and can call a local taxi too so that you never need to worry about being stranded in an unfamiliar city.
Download the app here:
JustPark will make finding a parking spot much less stressful
How many moments of stress have you witnessed when behind the wheel due to reaching your destination but then struggling to locate just one parking space? Fortunately, help is at hand in the form of the JustPark app.
At both Richard Branson’s 2015 VOOM event and the 2017 British Parking Awards, this award-winning service has been applauded. The app itself has made up a database of 1.4 million parking spaces, off-street parking options (think car parks, private spaces and even driveways) and on-street parking possibilities (that’s stretches with parking meters and free parking zones).
You shouldn’t just think you need to switch on the JustPark app when you need to pinpoint a parking spot though. You can also reserve a guaranteed space and pay for the spot via the app using either a card, PayPal or either Apple or Android Pay services. You’ll even be provided with easy-to-follow instructions and directions to the space once it’s reserved.
Download the app here: