Every person wants a smile they can be proud about, and they key is having straight teeth that are pearly white. To achieve this, get tips from a local orthodontist in Dublin who can provide you with the finest dental treatments and enjoyable patient experience.
You can find various orthodontic treatments in Dublin which range from traditional braces to Invisalign for all age groups. The following services are available at Align Beauty Orthodontics in Dublin:
If you don’t wish to go for metal or traditional braces for your teeth then invisalign is the best option to straighten your smile. These are clear and removable aligners which help you obtain a beautiful smile without wearing metal wires. This is a great option for anyone that doesn’t like the look of braces on their teeth and wants to still enjoy the kind of food they like, while being able to floss or brush as they normally would – learn more.
To achieve the right kind of position for your teeth you need to wear a custom made aligner according to your comfort, normally for a week or 2, switching out aligners every so often. The duration of the treatment and the number of aligners which you need to wear might vary from person to person. Visit any of the best orthodontists in Dublin like Dr. Gu who has the best options if you are looking for various aligning treatments for your teeth
How does it work?
- Your treatment plan is captured through 3D computer imaging technology, after which you will receive your aligners.
- They must be worn for a week or 2, or as directed by your orthodontist.
- You may remove them at the time of drinking, eating, flossing or brushing your teeth. They should be worn for at least 22 hours per day.
- Your teeth will align gradually throughout the week
- After every 8-10 weeks visit your doctor to make sure they are aligning correctly.
In most up to date offices, an ITERO digital impression system is used:
It scans the mouth through radiation-free laser technology which gives a digital perfect 3D impression of your mouth along with teeth and soft tissue.
1.Early orthodontic treatment:
It’s important to visit the orthodontist so that early evaluation can help in detecting serious problems on time and help in providing an effective treatment rather than waiting till it gets complicated.
The following are conditions when you need the early orthodontic treatment:
- Deep bites
- Open bites
- Crowding of teeth
- Missing teeth
- Teeth which don’t emerge in the right sequence
- Phase I: Orthodontic treatment where interceptive and proactive treatments are included. Fixed or removable appliances are provided for 6-12 months to correct the improper jaw growth or any other problems. At this age children who have undergone the treatment must take proper care while brushing and flossing to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Resting period: Once the phase 1 treatment is completed the appliances will be removed and observed every 3-6 months.
- Phase II: Around 10% of those patients who have gone for phase I might not need Phase II. It’s mostly needed during the age of 12-13 i.e. when all the permanent teeth have been evolved.
3.Early Adult Orthodontic Treatment:
This treatment is similar to two phase treatment but is for adults who may not require braces and invisalign and want to correct minor smile defects:
- Well aligned teeth make it easier to clean and brush them.
- A great smile helps boosts your confidence.
- They can help prevent any kind of dental issues that might develop in the future.
4. Temporary anchorage device:
In this procedure, small titanium alloy screws will be placed in the jaw bone and gums so that there’s a faster tooth aligning movement that is comfortable and efficient. These can be used as an alternative to braces or in addition to them. It’s very safe to get TAD treatment done and these can be removed any time with the help of an orthodontist.
This is a treatment for those who have really bad bites, need to change their chin position or have any other jaw bone abnormalities. It comes into the picture when you are unable to achieve results through other orthodontic treatments. Surgeries are usually made when the jaw has stopped growing. It helps in achieving:
- The right jaw alignment.
- Getting teeth into the correct and proper position.