Modern technology has brought paint contractors new tools to minimize work and boost profits, ranging from project management tools to paint assessment software.
Your primary motivation for working as a paint contractor is most likely not accounting or estimating; rather, it is a passion for painting. But, in truth, running a company means understanding the fine art of managing a business, which sometimes includes a plethora of paperwork that must be performed outside of office hours.
As your company grows and expands, you’ll want to put systems in place to help automate your procedures. When you don’t have procedures in place, you’re continually going from one task to the next. No matter how big or small your business is, this is true.
It’s the finest thing you can do to have a suitable tool for each activity — it makes things easier. The good news is that whether you’re in charge of a small repainting crew or a massive multi-team operation, there are solutions available to aid you in dealing with the inconveniences and challenges, letting you focus more on your job.
Color grading software might give you an advantage over the competition
Many small paint contractors, especially those who take joy in their many years of expertise, will continue to appraise work by sight in order to present a possible client with an estimate of the cost of painting.
Using the right color grading software can help you stand out from the crowd, as it will not only result in more exact measurements and volume of work, but it will also increase your professionalism in the eyes of the client, further separating you from the competition.
Take measurements, notes, and photos using your smartphone. It is more probable that you will get hired if your clients believe in your abilities. Your sales will grow if you handle everything on your own.
You may utilize the painting company software to make an exact estimate for your prospect in minutes after you’ve obtained all the facts you’ll need.
Varied systems offer diverse features to suit different company sizes, so make sure the program’s pricing fits the bells and whistles you genuinely want. Keep in mind that you may show the client slideshows of your prior work while you arrange the review if you’re using a tablet or laptop.
Top perks of painting software
- Estimating Software:
- Provides a cloud-based program/app;
- Provides an easy-to-use interface for measurements;
- Creates and customizes professional-looking forms;
- An estimate may be sent or printed before you leave a client’s premises.
- Connects to other systems, generates/sends invoices, and takes payments.
- On multiple assignments, schedules, records, and arranges crew work hours.
- Data such as supplies, utilities, and travel time are logged.
- CRM Software:
- Customizes forms and logos for your company;
- Offers lead management trackers; enables you to arrange appointments;
- Calendar integration is supported.
4. Software for Project Management:
- Linking one system with another;
- Prepare estimates for multiphase bids based on quotations;
- Change orders and labor and material budgets are monitored in real-time.
- Enables you to see all of your employees’ timesheets and responsibilities in real-time;
Painting contractor software is a versatile tool for company management
Project management software may streamline a wide range of responsibilities into a single software interface, all inside a cloud-based application that gives you complete visibility regardless of where you are physically located.
This could all sound a bit scary if you’re new to painting contractor software. However, you may start small and come back as needed to figure out which software is best for your company.
Be sure to request free trials if you can’t find any before making a purchase. The aim is to locate programs that deal with the portions of the business that you despise so that you may concentrate your time and energy on the components that you like.