If you are a lover of natural remedies for your pet problems, you have landed at the perfect place. CBD pet products offer excellent results for different health issues.
One such item which is high in demand is good quality CBD oil. You can find a plethora of possibilities by which CBD for cats benefits your feline friends.
What is Inflammation in Cats?
Inflammation of the joints is called arthritis in cats. It causes tenderness and swelling of the joints. Complete recovery is sporadic with such chronic diseases.
A healthy joint bone is covered by a protective layer called cartilage. It helps minimize friction when the body makes movements.
Reduction of synovial fluid in the body can cause degeneration of joint cartilage. It results in painful joints and inflammation.
Symptoms of Arthritis in Cats
Some of the common symptoms of cat joint inflammation are:
- Difficulty in jumping or moving around
- Reduced physical activities
- Stiffness in the legs after resting
- Sleeping for a longer time
- Irritability and increased anxiety
- Urinating accidents
Causes of Joint Inflammation in Cats
Here are a few things that can cause swelling and inflammation in joints in your feline friend. Research shows that using good quality oil with CBD for cats benefits your pets.
- Old age can result in increased wear and tear of the joints
- Medication for chronic diseases can trigger inflammation in your cat’s body
- An unfortunate accident can cause physical damage to your pet
- Obesity can make joints weaker at a faster rate
- Certain cat breeds like Persian, Maine coon, and Siamese cats are more prone to getting inflammation
- Hereditary and genetics can cause arthritis
- Poor diet habits can cause chronic issues like painful joint pains
- Congenital abnormalities by birth can also cause arthritis in cats
How Can CBD Oil Treat Inflammation in Cats?
According to recent reports, the 2020 median price for CBD treats for cats was around 20.38 dollars in the US.
Cannabinoids are a group of chemical compounds found in humans and animals in the form of endocannabinoids. These endocannabinoids help in maintaining the overall working of the neurological and immunological system in cats.
CBD oil contains natural cannabinoids from the hemp plant. These cannabinoids attach with the receptors within the cat’s body. These are called CB1 and CB2, type 1 and type 2 receptors. They are present in the brain and other parts of the body.
These cannabinoids help provide a balance and restore the body to carry daily functions efficiently.
CB2 receptors help to control the pain and swelling caused by cat arthritis. It helps in the proper movement and coordination of the joints and various body parts.
CBD oil has anti-inflammatory properties. It is a natural pain-killer, unlike other medications, which can cause other side effects.
While using CBD for cats benefits your pet in many ways, administering the proper dosage is essential to get optimum results.
You can include CBD oil in the regular diet, apply it to the gums in the mouth, or rub it over the cat’s body to treat them for various health issues. Apart from arthritis, CBD oil can reduce stress, seizures, gastrointestinal problems, and other cardiovascular issues in cats.