Lube – a staple item in the bedroom for every adventurous couple. Although you might be tempted to grab whatever’s available at your local pharmacy, there are many different types of lube to choose from, with many advantages and disadvantages.
With this simple guide, you can choose a lubricant that will cater to you both as a couple, and for your individual preferences. Get informed and up the fun!
The three types – Oil, Water or Silicone?
Each type of lubricant offers different experiences. There are brands that offer all sorts of flavoured lube or sensory-enhancing lubricant formulas, but they all boil down into three categories; Oil-based, Water-based and Silicone-based.
- The best type of lubricant for people with sensitive skin
- Great for sex in water
- Long lasting
- Can’t be used with latex condoms (polyurethane condoms are fine, however)
- Will stain textiles such as clothes and sheets
- The most widely available, stocked almost everywhere
- Safe with all types of condom
- Washes off easily
- Needs frequent reapplication
- Often contain parabens, additives and glycerine which aggravates sensitive skin
- The most slippery of the formulas
- Suitable for all types of condom
- The most suitable of the formulas for anal play
- Will damage other silicone-based materials (a lot of sex toys are silicone-based)
- Can leave a sticky residue
Now that you’re up to date, take a look at the examples of these formulas below. We’ve rounded up several excellent bottles of the three different types of lubricant, all available at the touch of a button.
No need to thank us. Enjoy!
This is an all-natural, organic lubricant that doubles as a moisturising massage oil. It’s pH balanced for the vagina and hypoallergenic. This lubricant is great for everyone but is especially well enjoyed by mature women.
This is an all natural, coconut oil-based lubricant that is so natural, it’s edible! Paraben and alcohol-free, this long lasting lube is great for people that are health conscious.
This lube comes in a big bottle so you won’t run out fast, and is very long lasting. Safe with latex condoms only.
This is a luxurious silicone-based lube that is long-lasting and fragrance free. Especially great for use in water.
This affordable trio of water-based lubes from DUREX let you experiment with a few different sensations to see what you like! Safe with all condoms and exciting to try!
Especially great to use with toys, this water based lube has a luxurious feel and is latex-safe.
Hopefully, this guide has given you a few things to think about and maybe even try! Have fun but always remember to check the label of any intimate products you buy, and always test them out on a small patch of skin to be sure you can maximise the fun without worrying.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!