Tumar is a women-owned and operated collective with a collaboration between New York and Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. All our wool sheep farmers and artisans earn a living wage while carrying forward their native traditional craft. Each pair is handmade with love, cozy and oh so cute.
Here are a few quick points to know about Tumar.
- All products are handmade from start to finish.
- Tumar’s philosophy focuses on quality craftsmanship, natural materials, and socially responsible practices.
- The cooperative was created to support and foster the local Kyrgyz economy and its independent artists.
- It reimagines traditional materials and techniques for a range of modern designs, creating a unique style of Central Asian hygge.
- This freedom of spirit and style has made Tumar Art Salon in Bishkek one of the city’s hottest shopping destinations
Contributor: Julie Fishkin