Any business can put together a media kit, whether they want it to represent their enterprise as a whole, or cover a specific topic or event. The key [is] to bundle all of the necessary components in a neat, consistent package.
At Markon, we recommend the following:
- Short descriptor of your company/event with key stats
- Images optimized for digital use
- Video 30 seconds or less, this way it fits well into a news clip, article, or social media post.
- Quotes pulled separately from a press release
- Press Release single page
- Contact Information Have all of these items live on a web page on your website. That way they’ll be safely accessible (not attached to an email), while the content also gets to live on your website (so it can be crawled by Google).
You can also combine all of this into a well-designed PDF that individuals can receive upon request. Or you can make it downloadable as a single file from your website, or some other space.
Contributors: Kristine Neil from Markon Brands