Easily one of the tallest man made structures of the ancient world, and standing up tall against even some of the contemporary giants, the Lighthouse at Alexandria is reported to have punched just higher than a hundred metres at the end of its construction, sometime during the reign of Ptolemy II. Signalling the might and ingenuity of the Ptolemaic kingdom, it was damaged by otherwise withstood earthquakes that hit the region between 956 and 1323 AD. Ceasing operations in 1323, its final destruction was confirmed in 1480 when its remaining stones were used to build the Citadel of Qaitbay also in Alexandria, Egypt.
Lighthouse at Alexandria (6/6)
Submitted to "Lost Wonders We Wish We Could Have Seen"