Are you ready to go camping for the first time but you feel a little lost in the preparation of the equipment? Know that good preparation is essential to avoid forgetting the essentials.
Imagine arriving at the campsite after several hours of driving and you realize that you have forgotten the arches of your tent. Well, it can happen to anyone and it is much more common than what we think.
Similarly, whether you are leaving for the weekend, for an extended stay or road trip on the North Shore, no one wants to be encumbered with surplus equipment that you will not use.
Doing a checklist of things to remember does not take a long time and it will allow you to arrive serene. Let us help you with that!
The Essentials Required For Sleeping
Of course, you need to be extra careful while sleeping outside of your home, whether it is a camp, a tent or under the dark stary sky. Don’t forget these important essentials.
- A tent. The most important element (even if sleeping under the stars is quite possible). It must be neither too small nor too big, easy to assemble and disassemble and waterproof to avoid difficult nights.
- The stakes of the tent and the rope. Some campsites like Camping Sites In Britain proposes locations on wooden platforms and not on the ground. You will need ropes to fix your tent.
- Good sleeping bag. They must be adapted to the season during which you travel.
- Floor mats. Self-inflating, foam, inflatable, there is something for everyone.
- Pillows, Far too often forgotten and regretted!
Some Optional But Important Essential
Make your first camping experience a very memorable and comfortable one. Once you get to experience the fun by being extra responsible, it will become easier for you to decide your camping checklists later. To ensure that your family and friends are comfortable camping with you, have these optional and necessary essentials.
- A tarpaulin. When camping, you are never too careful and rain can occur anytime.
- Tent repair material and a sewing kit. We are never immune to a small tear.
- A multi-function knife. It is when we forget that we need it the most. And the knife sharpener guy always suggests you take the knife when you are camping.
- Camping chairs. To sit comfortably near the fire.
- A folding table. Most camping sites make sure that all the pitches are equipped with a picnic table, but a folding one could be useful for the rest of your stay.
- A lantern. Convenient to see a plate, bring a friendly atmosphere on the table.
- Bring kindling, newspapers, matches. Because there is no camping trip without a campfire!
- The necessary toiletries: a microfiber towel, toilet paper, biodegradable soap, toothbrush, toothpaste.
- A first aid kit, supplemented with sunscreen and mosquito hunting.
- A broom and sacks. To keep your tent and your campsite clean.
In order to prepare a good meal with friends or family, you will need a minimum of cooking equipment, that include:
- Sharp knife
- Some cooking utensils (wooden spoon, tongs)
- Can opener
- Plastic boxes, cups, plates, spoons.
- Aluminum foil
- Camping stove (with bottles adapted to your stove)
- Cooler with ice
- Drain bags
- Dish towels and dish soap