From reducing stress to restoring energy throughout the day, essential oils offer a myriad of benefits for bettering people’s daily lives. The essential oil industry is booming, so get yourself a diffuser, add a few drops of your favorite scent, and experience an instant mood boost. Here is a list of some must-have essential oils and their benefits.
Tangerine oil is juicy and refreshing, vibrant and uplifting.
- When mixed with water, tangerine oil helps support a healthy immune system—add one or two drops to your morning glass of water.
- It promotes happiness—rub a few drops to your pulse points or to your abdomen.
- Citrus oils are stimulating—add your preferred number of drops to a diffuser for long-lasting energy.
One of the most popular essential oils, eucalyptus oil emits a sweet fragrance.
- It serves as an antiseptic and antibacterial. Eucalyptus oil can disinfect scratches and help with other skin issues.
- It has great cleansing properties—the scent freshens up rooms and cleanses the air; add a few drops to a diffuser.
- It relieves muscle pain—the plant itself has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
Used in numerous products, floral lavender is an indispensable soothing oil.
- Lavender is a relaxant—rub a few drops onto your temples and let its properties soothe your anxiety.
- It helps with digestive problems—drinking hot water with a few drops of lavender essential oil can relieve nausea or an upset stomach.
- Inhaling lavender can treat headaches—rub a few drops between your palms, then hold your hands up to your nose for 30 seconds to a minute.
Stimulate your senses with the crisp scent of peppermint oil this summer. It’s one of the most beloved oils at all times of the year.
- Peppermint oil can be mixed into a natural shampoo, helping to cleanse and stimulate the scalp.
- It’s an incredible invigorator and helps improve concentration and memory. Add your preferred amount to a diffuser as you work.
- The vibrant essential oil is a headache reducer—studies show it can significantly reduce pain from tension headaches within minutes.
The flower that has won the hearts of people everywhere makes for a perfect nourishing essential oil.
- It aids in skincare processes—a few diluted drops can help scars fade faster.
- With its antispasmodic properties, rose essential oil helps relieve spasms in the respiratory system and intestines.
- It promotes happiness—when the oil is added to a diffuser or rubbed into the skin, the aroma can help keep you charged and happy throughout the day.
Extracted from lemon peels, this essential oil makes for a nice, refreshing scent.
- It’s great for cleaning—add a few drops to a spray bottle to clean any surfaces or appliances.
- It acts as a natural bug repellent—mix the oil with liquid coconut oil and enjoy the scent as it keeps bugs away.
- Diluted lemon oil is quite effective as skincare because it detoxifies the body, helping to diminish wrinkles and tone the skin.