A ‘Dash Cam’ is a dashboard camera that records the journey of your car through video and motion sensors and cameras.
This is very similar to an aircraft flight recorder (black box) like you get in a plane, that again records every journey and his mostly just used in the event of an incident. Of course the incident in your car will hopefully will be a lot less serious than one in a plane but what it would do is demonstrate who was at fault in the event of a crash or a collision. By having this device that provides you with instant evidence to support insurance claims which help prove an incident was not your fault you will find driving in busy places or in rowdy traffic a lot less stressful. Footage from dash cams is now even accepted by many insurers to settle who was at fault in an accident and the footage is also completely admissible in court.
As long as you know what you will need the camera for, you can spend your money wisely. Not all dash cams need to be supersonic with added X-Ray proof design and 360 degree wide angle lenses front and back to ensure your safety on the road and in the courtroom (but it helps!) . If you just want a High quality Dashboard Camera that will save you hundreds not cost you hundreds then you can use this guide to help you choose the one that suits you.
So, without further ado, here are some of the best, most advanced Dash Cams to save you money, while keeping you safer on the roads.
Nextbase 312GW In-Car Dash Cam
The 312GW is the dash cam solution is no more suited for experienced motorists than it is to brand new drivers on the road who want the abilities to be able to upload footage to social media, smart devices or their insurer. It seems as if Nextbase just keep getting better and better, leaving their competition in a wake behind them as they bring out more advanced and convenient dashboard cameras on a regular basis.
This incredible piece of technology is probably the number 1 most popular dashboard camera on the market today. The Nextbase 312GW dash Cam is not only a fabulous digital driving recorder but it also comes with built-In Wifi to allow you to quickly upload video onto devices or external storage at will. Let’s have a look at some of the Nextbase 312 GW’s other features:
- The Nextbase device features inbuilt Wi-Fi, allowing you to download footage to a smartphone before easily sharing it with friends, family, an insurance firm or the police.
- The easiest Dash cam for using the Wifi to connect to an iOS or Android device quickly and easily.
- The Dash-cam Includes an APP! – Nextbase app becomes a personal mobile store for footage you want to keep and share in the future whether it be to other people or to upload onto social media.
- This product features a magnificently mastered Powered Magnetic Click&Go Mounting. (Basically you no longer have to spit on a suction pad) The manufacturers say that ‘This new system uses magnets and powered touch points in the mount, allowing the dash cam itself to be free from wires, making instant removal and re-application of the device simple and quick’.
- It demonstrates super fast GPS, allowing you use GPS just like a Sat-Nav so that you can see the exact location and speed in which the incident took place to clear up any queries others may have later down the line.
This Dashcam Is certainly hard to top. With ‘groundbreaking features’ such as the powered magnetic click and go mount system and the fully accessible smart device app, this is the dash camera of the future. Suitable for any user, new and experienced alike, this seems to be the perfect product for the price.
HP Super HD 1296p In Car Dash Cam Camera
As a popular computer company, I was surprised to see their logo sitting amongst dashboard cameras rather than laptops and I was eager to know whether they could match up to the leading dashcam companies such as nextbase and supereye.
The verdict was that HP 1296p Dash Cam is almost superior in design and features. With its compact and minimalistic design to its excellent and convenient infrared night vision, it is suitable for any driver, any time, anywhere.
You will have no trouble running out of pleasing qualities with the HP Dashcam, so let’s indulge ourselves in some more details:
- The ultra High Definition 1296pp allows the footage to be shot in an incredible 2K definition which captures any license plate as well as road signs whether daytime ornight, to ensure you have reliable and crystal clear evidence in the event of an incident.
- Compact and sleek design – the smart HP f510 dash cam is a compact and ‘minimalist’ design, with easy installation in any type of vehicle and without obstructing or distracting the view of driver or passenger!
- Loop Recording- The dash cam records seamless video clips automatically. This means that once your memory card is full, it does not just stop recording but instead it overwrites the oldest unlocked video clips so you can maintain constant recording whenever your engine is running!
- Special HP security card slot switch design, to ensure maximum security of your saved footage on your Micro SD even in the event of an accident or crash
- The installation is made even simpler with the added adjustable sucker bracket. Or choose the stable 3M adhesive sticker bracket which you can be sure will not fall down from the windshield even under strong sunlight or cold.
- 3.5meters (11.5ft) car charger Included FREE (should be compatible with most cars.)
- Money Back Guarantee – Comes with 30 days money back and 12 months warranty to cover any hardware issues with the HP dash cam.
HP Super HD 1296p Dash Cam Is another example of why you do not need to spend hundreds of pounds in order to have a high quality dashboard camera installed in your vehicle. I think HP certainly keeps up with the big DashCam brands in terms of quality and precision.
SuperEye Dash Cam Car Camera
This SuperEye dashcam is aptly named is yet another example of a Dashboard Camera that can do far more than just film out of your windscreen. This can still carry out most of the functions of a higher priced brand or model but brings it back to basics ever so slightly to ensure that this device is available to budget low and high so everyone can benefit from driving safer and being protected in the event of an incident.
Here are its stand out features:
- This product records footage in an impressive 1080P 1920X1080P Full High Definition at 30 fps! This not only provides great sharp video quality, but ensures it clearly captures the license plates of the cars as well as road signs during the day and night.
- The Awesome 170°wide viewing angle can capture 4 lanes of traffic without distortion!
- Infrared Night Vision 8 LED at the tap of a button, which automatically opens at night, helping to capture smaller details that aren’t necessarily seen at night while driving to the human eye or on any standard camera.
- This product features a powerful G-sensor. Don’t know what that is? A G sensor is commonly referred to as an accelerometer. A G sensor in a dash cam will monitor the proper acceleration, aka G-Force and this SuperEye dash cam will do just that!
- Loop Recording for continuous recording so you can be sure to never miss an incident however big or small.
- This product demonstrates a convenient and important Auto-locking mechanism during a vehicle collision.
- Motion Detection to keep your car secure even when parked, as the camera will automatically turn on and record even if nobody is in the vehicle.
- Parking monitor When car vibrate by collision, and vibration strength reach the parking mode operating range,
- Comes with 60 days money back guarantee and 24 months warranty.
This has a many of the most important features and yet is unbelievably cost efficient especially for someone like me who is new on the roads and does not need anything expensive.
Nextbase 112 720p HD In-Car Dash Camera Dashboard Digital Driving Video Recorder
For what I think is an absolutely incredible retail price, this camera offers high definition recording and a Cutting edge technology mount feature and follows on from hugely successful and award-winning previous products from Nextbase.
The Nextbase 112 is the latest in the premium compact design of Dash Cam by Nextbase.
- Click & Go Powered Magnetic Mount, using magnets and powered touch points to allow the camera to be free from wires. This is to make the process as hassle-free as possible and avoid having tangled wires or a distracting and bulky window mount.
- 720p High Definition recording at a great resolution and quality
- 120° wide-angle view for a large radius of vision to capture incidents in sharp detail in a play-by-play account.
- With an easy, simplistic design and equally simple installation, this product will suit any audience.
- Comes complete with a bright 2” LED screen to view the menu and adjust the camera’s settings in different levels of brightness, adjustable according to the daylight.
TOGUARD Dual Lens Dash Cam
I love this Dash Cam from TOGUARD. Not only can you view situations transpiring in front of your car, but also from behind! I think this is really important as a lot of incidents tend to happen on your bumper and with this dual lens camera you can almost see all the way around your car.
Take a look at some of its top-notch features that put it deservedly on this top 5 list:
- This product has an excellent and unique G-Sensor for recording, which is enabled as soon as any sudden braking, impact, rapid acceleration or sharp corner turning occurs.
- WDR functions eliminate glare and dimming.
- This DashCam supports motion detection, parking monitoring to help you squeeze into tight spots or to give you that extra vision when reversing.
- This product comes with massive 170-degree wide angle lens which, combining the two, leaves just 20 degrees unseen in footage
- It also Includes 6 infrared filter glass lens for capturing the image in the low light or darkness.
- Built-in 500mAh polymer battery for long hours of driving.
- Dual Action cameras, for continuous filming simultaneously.
- Easy and quick installation compatible with any vehicle
I think the dual Lens stands out amongst the other as it is much more likely to enable you to capture an incident. This is not only a fantastic product that comes with countless selling points but it also comes at a bargain price makes it a real contender against the more expensive dual lens dash cams. In fact, the bargain price seems too good to be true, I feel ever so slightly wary of a price this awesome!