Far too many business leaders are using outdated practices to engage and motivate their people―and they’re failing miserably. From Jim Haudan and Rich Berens, the author team that was focusing on workplace engagement before it was even a thing, comes a leadership book for the future. What Are Your Blind Spots? helps leaders scrutinize their approach to leadership and figure out personal “blind spots”―the areas where style and methods are hampering success. The book lists five key blind spots to watch out for:
- Lacking the confidence and belief to put purpose at the center of your business strategy
- Telling stories about your business that don’t resonate with those you lead
- Not engaging both people’s hearts and minds
- Relying too much on rules and processes to steer human thought and behavior
- Unknowingly creating a workplace culture where truth is rarely spoken
In the book, Jim and Rich provide a proven framework for developing a new approach to increase organizational innovation, productivity, and creativity, as people find real purpose in their work.
Want to read more reviews of this book or buy it? Check out the links below:
Contributors: Aleassa Schambers from Root Inc.